We are exciting to announce that we are inviting GM Evgeny Bareev on Remembrance Day November 11th 10am-11am to the 2nd episode of our GM Workshop Series - Attacking the f7 Square
Grandmaster Evgeny Bareev is currently the highest rated player from Canada. Originally from Russia, Grandmaster Bareev was ranked number four in the world back in 2003. Currently, while he still plays on occasion, Grandmaster Bareev is working as a professional chess coach.
Here are some of his career highlights:
- Under 16 World Champion (1982)
- Winner of 2002 Wijk Aan Zee Super tournament
- 2000 World Cup finalist
- 2002 World Championship semi-finalist
- Coach of Vladimir Kramnik during 2000 match when he defeated Garry Kasparov
- Coach of team Russia Open, Junior and Women’s teams 2010-2014
The lecture will be followed by an one-hour Arena Tournament on lichess.org (not CFC rated)
This event is open to general public and CJCC members with a discount.
- If you are NOT a CJCC active member please sign up the event on this page. Fee is $15 for non-member. You may also join CJCC for $10 annual fee to enjoy the member discount.
- If your are CJCC 2020-2021 active members, DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO SIGN UP. Please use a separate page to register for the discount price at $10. The web address is sent to your email used for membership registration.
Sign-up will be closed at 10 pm November 10th.
Zoom: The link and password of the Zoom classroom will be sent to the registrants after 10pm Nov 10th.
Chess Simultaneous Exhibition with FM Ian Zhao (NEW!): Our Calgary Top Junior FM Ian Zhao will run a Chess Simultaneous Exhibition with all event participants on lichess following the lesson. You may have an opportunity to challenge the FM! The link will be sent out on Zoom.