We are excited to announce that we are inviting Grandmaster Evgeny Bareev on January 28th, 2023 at 2 pm (Mountain Time) to conduct a lesson with junior members. The lesson will be followed by an one-hour Arena Tournament on lichess.org (not CFC rated)
Grandmaster Evgeny Bareev is currently the highest rated player in Canada. Originally from Russia, Grandmaster Bareev was ranked number four in the world back in 2003. Currently, while he still plays on occasion, Grandmaster Bareev is working as a professional chess coach.
Here are some of his career highlights:
- Under 16 World Champion (1982)
- Winner of 2002 Wijk Aan Zee Super tournament
- 2002 World Championship semi-finalist
- Coach of Vladimir Kramnik during 2000 match when he defeated Garry Kasparov
- Coach of team Russia Open, Junior and Women’s teams 2010-2014
Sign-up deadline: registration will be closed at 10 pm Friday January 27th.
Zoom link: The link and password of the Zoom classroom will be sent to the registrants after 10pm January 27th.
Fee: $12. If multiple players from the same household wish to attend the lesson they only need to pay once. Use the "Registration" button on this webpage to register.