To be prepared for our coming Rated online touraments, we are running a MOCK tourament on lichess.org. This MOCK tournament will implement all required controls as for a real Rated Tournamements, the only difference is the result will not be submitted to CFC and it won't affect your CFC rating (Unrated). It will give both the players and the tournament coordiantors an opportunity to familize the requirements and process to do a Rated tournaments. Note this is also a member-only event so prior to registering the tournament, please renew your 2020-2021 memberhship if you haven't done so:
- Time: July 11th, 1:30pm
- Venue: CJCC Online Team @ https://lichess.org/team/calgary-junior-chess-centre-cjcc
- Zoom Room: open from 1 pm, https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87693118422?pwd=VzFRYW5MaXo3eDlZc0hsZVVXZ3pMZz09
- Format: 5 rounds Swiss, 15mins plus 10s incremental;
Two sections: Beginner&Novice, Intermediate&Open
Controls to be implemented:
1. All players must have a valid 2020-2021 CJCC membership. Renew/register your membership HERE
2. All players must sign up the tournament on this page for membership and lichess ID verification.
3. New players must join CJCC online Team https://lichess.org/team/calgary-junior-chess-centre-cjcc by 12pm of July 11th. Late requests for joining the Team will not be accepted until the tournament ends. All new requests must provide the first and last name used for membership renewal/registration. Non-member will not be accepted to the Team. Watch this video on how to create a FREE account and how to join CJCC Team and a tournament. https://youtu.be/bKHESEhQRM0
4. All players must log in the Zoom room https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87693118422?pwd=VzFRYW5MaXo3eDlZc0hsZVVXZ3pMZz09 at least 15 mins prior to the tournament start, and keep their video on througout the tournament.The tournament directors will be monitoring and will ask the players to display if their video is off. This is one of the critical controls to ensure the players are playing the games independently. Players and TDs are not allowed to record the meeting at any time during the tournament. Players using iPad may have an issue losing the video display if they switch to lichess window. It's recommeded to use a PC or laptop to play, or using a separate device to log in the Zoom to display the player while playing on iPad.
5. Players shall have their face shown all the time while playing their own games. They will be muted unless requested by the TDs. They are allowed to move around between rounds and while waiting for other games in the same round to finish. Text chatting is prohibited except the break between the rounds.
6. Read FAIR PLAY AGREEMENT. Parents, please talk to your children about ethical play online. Signing up the event means the players have read and accepted clauses in the AGREEMENT.
7. All results are considered Unofficial until the full post-game review is done, which will take 3-7 days. All games may be reviewed for cheating, with more focus on higher ranked participants. Suspicous games will be reviewed by the TDs and at least one more Board Executive. If cheating is confirmed, the player's ID will be reported to lichess. Lichess has a very good cheating detection system so they can make the final call. The ID will be banned by lichess if the case is confirmed. The offending player's score in the tournament will be forfeit and will be banned by CJCC online team from participating in future online tournaments.
8. Get familiar with Swiss Tournament rules at lichess.org/swiss. CJCC is not responsible for any loss due to the chess platform system issues.
home | events | contact us
© 2023 Calgary Junior Chess Centre All rights reserved. A2303-1