Div. 1 (Kindergarten-Grade 3)
Div. 2 (Grade 4-6)
Div. 3 (Grade 7-9)
Div. 4 (Grade 10-12)
Players can play in a higher section if they would like to.
May 27, Div. 3 & Div. 4
May 28, Div. 1 & Div. 2
You do not need to come for both days. The day when your division is playing is the only day you need to be there.
On-site Registration: 10:00-10:30 AM
Round 1: 11:00 AM
Round 2: 11:40 AM
Pizza Lunch (included)
Round 3: 1:30 PM
Round 4: 2:10 PM
Round 5: 3:00 PM
Awards & Tie-Breaks 3:30 or ASAP
Format: The exact format of each section will depend on the number of participants, but players should expect to play 5 games.
Time Control: Game in 20 minutes with a 5-second increment.
Entry Fee: $20 if pre-registered online by 6 pm, Thursday, May 25th; $25 afterwards and on site.
Team prizes for each division:
1. Top school: 1st place trophy for the school
2. Top team: Plaques for the top 4 finishers in the winning team
3. 2nd place team: Plaques for the top 4 finishers in 2nd place team
4. 3rd place team: Medals for the top 4 finishers in 3rd place team
1. Top 3 individuals in each division: Trophies
2. Top Girl in each section: Trophy
All other participants will get coloured chess pieces.