Registration deadline: 10:00pm on January 14. Only open to juniors Calgary and surrounding areas (Airdrie, Okotoks,etc). Please make sure you renew 2020-2021 memberhship: https://www.calgaryjuniorchess.com/CJCC/WebPage/WebPage/22937/MembershipRegistration
- Time: Jan 16th, 2021 1:30pm
- Venue: CJCC Online Team @ https://lichess.org/team/calgary-junior-chess-centre-cjcc. This tournament will require a password, which will be sent after the sign-up is closed and also will be communicated on the Zoom.
- Zoom Room: open from 1 pm, https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2637817252?pwd=U0RMeUZ1eVJiWnF6cXd0MWhDNmZZZz09
Meeting ID: 263 781 7252 Password: chesscjcc
- Format: 5 rounds Swiss, 15mins plus 10s incremental, 2 mins break between rounds.
- Sections by Grades (Grade 1-12): Sections might be combined if there are not sufficient players in certain grade. Kindergarteners and pre-schooler must register Grade 1 section.
- Fee: $10, $3 discount for sibling
- Prize: $20/$15/$12/$10 Amazon e-gift cards for the top 3 and top girl of each grade. The winners will be announced Calgary Champion of their grade and will receive a digital certificate. Only one prize per qualified player. If one player is qualified for more than one prize, they will be assigned with the higher prize. Tie-break will be determined by the lichess.org's final ranking order unless manual adjustment is involved due to post-game review. Also $20 travel credit will be reserved for the winners to participate in Alberta Chess Challeng 2021, if it happens this year. If Alberta Chess Challenge is organized online this year, the credit can be used for registration up to the value of the registration fee. Unused credit can not be used for any other events.
1. All players must have a valid 2020-2021 CJCC membership. Renew/register your membership HERE.
2. All players must sign up the tournament on this page. Sign-up will close on 10pm of Jan 14th. Late sign up will not be permitted.
3. Join CJCC online Team https://lichess.org/team/calgary-junior-chess-centre-cjcc. Non-member will not be accepted to the Team. Watch this video on how to create a FREE account and how to join CJCC Team and a tournament.
4. All players must log in the Zoom room https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2637817252?pwd=U0RMeUZ1eVJiWnF6cXd0MWhDNmZZZz09 at least 15-30 mins prior to the tournament start, and keep their LIVE VIDEO on througout the tournament. The Zoom Name must be changed to the "Player's name_lichess ID". Players who are in the tournament but don't show up on the Zoom room will get their score FORFEIT! The tournament directors will be monitoring and will ask the players to display if their video is off. Players are not allowed to record the meeting at any time during the tournament. Players using iPad may have an issue losing the video display if they switch to lichess window. It's recommeded to use a PC or laptop to play, or using a separate device to log in the Zoom to display the player while playing on iPad.
5. Players are strongly recommended to use a SIDE camera to show your screen, face, and hands. Front camera is allowed, though we recommend a side view as it helps mitigate any suspicions. They will be muted unless requested by the TDs. They are allowed to move around when they finish their own games or during round breaks. Chat is prohibited.
6. Read FAIR PLAY AGREEMENT. Parents, please talk to your children about ethical play online. Signing up the event means the players have read and accepted the clauses in the AGREEMENT including the consequence of cheating.
7. All results are considered unofficial until the post-game review is done, which will take 3-7 days. All games may be reviewed by the TD's. Suspicous games will be reviewed by the Tournament Commitee designated by the Board. If cheating is discovered and confirmed, the player's ID will be reported to lichess. The offending player's score in the tournament will be forfeit and will be banned from future CJCC online and offline tournaments for:
two months following the first offence.
12 months following a second offence.
Lifetime ban following a third offence.
If a player’s ID in lichess.org/chess.com is banned/closed by the
platform due to the violation of fair play but outside of any CJCC organized
events, the new request to join CJCC team on the platform will be deferred for
2 months from the date of the banishment.
Paid membership fee will not be refunded for the banned period.
8. Get familiar with Swiss Tournament rules at lichess.org/swiss. CJCC is not responsible for any loss due to the chess platform system issues.
9. Updated CFC rating can be checked on https://www.chess.ca/en/ratings/ after the final official result is posted on CJCC website.