Let's Checkmate COVID-19! This is our first REAL CFC Rated Online tournament. All tournament controls we tested in our last mock tournament will be implemented and enforced. The FAIR PLAY AGREEMENT is revised to clarify cheating behaviours and consequence. Please read them carefully. Note this is a member-only event so prior to registering the tournament, please renew your 2020-2021 memberhship if you haven't done so:
- Time: July 25th, 1:30pm
- Venue: CJCC Online Team @ https://lichess.org/team/calgary-junior-chess-centre-cjcc
- Zoom Room: open from 1 pm, https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2637817252?pwd=U0RMeUZ1eVJiWnF6cXd0MWhDNmZZZz09
Meeting ID: 263 781 7252 Password: chesscjcc
- Format: 5 rounds Swiss, 15mins plus 10s incremental;
Two sections: Beginner&Novice (recommended for CFC Active Rating <=800, or lichess rating <=1300),
Intermediate&Open (recommended for CFC Active Rating >800 or lichess rating >1300)
1. All players must have a valid 2020-2021 CJCC membership. Renew/register your membership HERE.
2. All players must sign up the tournament on this page. Sign-up will close on 10pm of July 24th. Late sign up will not be permitted.
3. Join CJCC online Team https://lichess.org/team/calgary-junior-chess-centre-cjcc. Non-member will not be accepted to the Team. Watch this video on how to create a FREE account and how to join CJCC Team and a tournament.
4. All players must log in the Zoom room https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2637817252?pwd=U0RMeUZ1eVJiWnF6cXd0MWhDNmZZZz09 at least 15 mins prior to the tournament start, and keep their LIVE VIDEO on througout the tournament. The Zoom Name must be changed to the full name the player registered. Players who are in the tournament but don't show up on the Zoom room will get their score FORFEIT! The tournament directors will be monitoring and will ask the players to display if their video is off. Players are not allowed to record the meeting at any time during the tournament. Players using iPad may have an issue losing the video display if they switch to lichess window. It's recommeded to use a PC or laptop to play, or using a separate device to log in the Zoom to display the player while playing on iPad.
5. Players shall have their face shown all the time while playing their own games. They will be muted unless requested by the TDs. They are allowed to move around when they finish their own games or during round breaks. Chat is prohibited except the break between the rounds.
6. Read FAIR PLAY AGREEMENT. Parents, please talk to your children about ethical play online. Signing up the event means the players have read and accepted the clauses in the AGREEMENT including the consequence of cheating.
7. All results are considered unofficial until the post-game review is done, which will take 3-7 days. All games may be reviewed by the TD's. Suspicous games will be reviewed by the Tournament Commitee designated by the Board. If cheating is discovered and confirmed, the player's ID will be reported to lichess. The offending player's score in the tournament will be forfeit and will be banned from future CJCC online and offline tournaments for:
two months following the first offence.
12 months following a second offence.
Lifetime ban following a third offence.
Paid membership fee will not be refunded for the banned period.
8. Get familiar with Swiss Tournament rules at lichess.org/swiss. CJCC is not responsible for any loss due to the chess platform system issues.
9. Updated CFC rating can be checked on chess.ca after the final official result is posted on CJCC website.