Please make sure you have renewed your 2023-2024 membership or sign up to become a member via link:
Registration Cap: Maximum registration 50
The registration will be closed as soon as the cap is reached OR by 10:00 PM on October 28th, whichever comes sooner. On site registration is not premitted.
Volunteer sign-up: Volunteer will be refund the entry fee https://www.calgaryjuniorchess.com/CJCC/Volunteer/SignUp
Head Tournament Director: Paul Gagne
Schedule: 1:00 – 1:15 Registration/Check-In
(Players who arrive after 1:15 will be paired for Round 2.)
1:30 5-round tournament begins
(Beginner and Intermediate Sections likely finish around 5:00; Open Section likely finishes around 5:30.)
Format: Players are placed in the following sections according to their ability. Players are allowed to play up a section should you choose so.
- Level 1 – Beginner (CFC < 500)
- Level 2 – Intermediate (CFC < 1000)
- Level 3 – Open (CFC > 1000)
Time Control: 20min 5sec incremental
Prizes: Top 3 players and top girl in each section will receive trophies, Other participants will be awarded a token.
Fees: Annual Membership $10. Tournament Fee $15.
Discount: $3 sibling discount and $7 discount for bringing a friend who is new to the club.
- Head to head (if all those tied played each other).
- Buchholz (Sum of all scores of opponents).
- Buchholz cut 1 (Sum of all scores of opponents except the lowest point scorer).
- Sonneborn-Berger (Sum of all scores of opponents you won against and half the scores of opponents you drew).
- Most wins.
- Most games with black.
We recommend parents of players 8-year-old and under stay on site to supervise your children Also, please kindly notify the volunteers at the front desk if you decide to pick up your kids before all rounds are completed.